3 x 7 week evening courses, 7pm-8.30pm, Thursday nights
Starts Thurs 17 January 2018 and runs till June 2018
Carmelite Community Centre, 56 Aungier St, Dublin 2
€70 per course
This course is for anyone who loves singing or wants to sing more, and especially those who long to connect more to themselves and to others.
It is also for people who find meaning in values such as cooperation, empathy and nature, and want to find creative ways of expressing these concepts.
This will be a relaxed, fun and safe space for everyone, regardless of age or abilities, to slow down, express, sing, move and experience connection.
We will learn beautiful harmony songs and chants from around the world, especially those which capture a message of oneness, nature care and connection, empathy and empowerment. Group singing, regardless of vocal talent, is one of the most beneficial practices we have in terms of raising our mood, dealing with depression/anxiety and boosting human connection. And as many are experiencing, this is much needed at the moment, in these times of uncertainty, ecocide and division.
Inspired by the Capacitar tradition of holistic wellness practices, we will also use breathwork, chakra work, sound healing practices, simple tai chi movements, visualisations, finger holds and various other practices.
This course will be uplifting, will help you feel you are responding in some way to the madness you see around you, and will increase your resilience.
As the course progresses, we will decide whether we want to raise our voices in a more public way to inspire others in this journey to protect life on this planet.
I will run this course up to June 2019, consisting of three 7-week courses. Commitment is for 7 weeks at a time, and you can come for all three courses, as the songs and material will vary throughout, with some repetition for reinforcement and learning.
• Course One: Thurs 17 Jan – 28 Feb (7 weeks)
• Course Two: 7 Mar – 18 Apr (7 weeks)
• Course Three: 2 May – 13 June (7 Weeks)
Pricing & Booking your place:
- All 3 courses (21 classes) = €170 (€8/class) payable in full in advance
- 1 course (7 classes) = €70 (€10/class), payable in full before course starts
- Class card (5 classes out of the 7) = €60
- Trail class/Drop In = €15 (only available on first night of the course, if you like it, you can pay the balance to sign up for the course. Please book your trail class in advance so I can gauge numbers and if planning to drop in, please check in before hand to see if there is space, thanks)